Tinderbox Consultants Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Controller
Tinderbox Consultants Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our full postal address is:
Tinderbox Consultants Ltd
4 Beau Street
What we collect
Tinderbox Consultants Ltd may collect your personal and sensitive personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
What we use your information for
First and foremost, we will use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best service for you.
We also require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping
- We may use the information to improve our services to you.
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in.
- Maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a client or candidate.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will obtain verbal consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to subscribe to our job alerts which we believe may be of interest to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, specials or other information, which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided. Where we do so you will be able to unsubscribe at any time from receiving any further communications from us.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Tinderbox Consultants Ltd.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Tinderbox Consultants Ltd.
The personal and sensitive information you provide us may be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected and are in line with GDPR law.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain your details on an on-going basis as we look to build long lasting relationships with our clients and candidates. Under the new GDPR law you will have the right to be forgotten after 25 May 2018 so if you do want us to completely erase your personal details, we will do so. We will need to retain some information for accounts and records purposes.
We use a feature of your internet browser called a ‘cookie’ on our website. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user. We do not use ‘cookies’ to retrieve personal information about you from your computer.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers in a text file) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is then stored by that browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Improve the website’s usability and performance
- Analyse the use of the website
- Help with administering the website
The cookies we use are non-identifying so any data we collect for analytical reasons is aggregated and anonymous.
Prior to 25 May 2018 our electronic and computer systems will be GDPR compliant and our services will be hosted within the EEC as is required by GDPR law. Your security is of paramount importance to us so we are committed to ensuring your personal information remains safe and secure.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover any links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where Tinderbox Consultants Ltd is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions:
- Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place restrictions on us processing your data
- to object to processing
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you would like a copy please submit your request in writing to:
Tinderbox Consultants Ltd
4 Beau Street